Wednesday, May 15, 2013

First Pixels

Woke up this morning and got back to work. I've outlined my sketch in graphics gale and have a defined body for my avatar. I've just created the legs for the first part of the walk cycle. I'm learning a lot about pixel art along the way such as how to create lines and certain angles. I feel like by the time I'm done animating my avatar I'll be able to do it faster and easier next time. It's funny, I've been avoiding pixel art in lieu of learning other skills and because after attaining a certain level of skill in sketching I dread becoming a beginner again, however, I've been enjoying this process. It's boring and tedious but rewarding.
It may not be the best piece of pixel art around but for a total noob I'm proud of it. I hope to complete the character's color and walk cycle by the end of the day. That way I can take a break from asset creation and try to start putting together my game in Game Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment