Monday, May 20, 2013

Good News!

Good news everyone! I've picked up GML pretty easily. When I started coding a day or two ago I was having a lot of trouble with things like instantiating objects, declaring variables, and having to place invisible manager objects in the room. It was throwing me for a loop. Since this morning I've got an avatar in a square room that moves and has a trail of semi-transparent lives following it. To make this a protoype of the mechanic I'm trying to employ I need to make the avatar able to pick up powerups, store them in it's lives, and switch between lives. I've still got my work cut out for me but by Tuesday night I may actaully have a gameplay demo/prototype. A little short of what I was shooting for but definitely better than I thought I was going to do yesterday. Here's a screen shot so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment